This vanity started out white, then someone painted over it , sort of, with beige, then I came along and bought it and let it sit for a few weeks…
I bought the chair separately but it fit into the kneehole perfectly. I have a beautiful ikat patterned fabric that has a bit of purple and lavender so I chose to paint the vanity purple…it’s PURPLE alright.
After buying this dresser months ago and letting it sit in its ugly blue state for way too long, I decided to drag it out and throw some paint on it. I always have trouble deciding on which color I want to use because of all the possibilities. I settled on painting the base color with AS Graphite and the top coat AS Antibes which is a bright green. The first coat was applied heavily to cover all the blue and after it dried I dry-brushed the green on so the Graphite would show through.
Then, I used a stencil I purchased at Hobby Lobby to stencil the drawers.
It came out really nice so I put the original hardware back on it and waxed it and took it to my booth at Ole Towne Antiques in Columbia. I need to get to work on all the other pieces so I can fill the booth up!
A friend recently asked if I had any ideas for headboards because her daughter is getting a room makeover. I sent her a few ideas I found on Pinterest and one stood out that involved hanging a curtain behind the bed. The fabric had quotes written on it. So I had her to ask her daughter for her favorite quotes and I worked them all into the design. I bought a plain white fabric shower curtain and used a Sharpie pen to write the quotes in all different fonts. I wrote her favorite one in red and the rest were written in black. She requested some extra flourishes and designs to accompany the quotes and this is what I came up with…
This vanity was given to me by a very generous friend. It so happened another friend was looking for a piece of furniture to use as a diaper changing station in the nursery of her soon to be born baby girl. This was one of those times when things just fall into place because she loved the idea of using it!
I got to work stripping and sanding and I painted it to match some furniture she already had. I used white as a base color and cement gray as the top color then sanded it again to let the white show through. After all that I added a shelf using molding attached to the inner sides and used wide base molding to make the shelf. I painted that to match and waxed the whole piece with Annie Sloan Clear Wax. I then added the carved wood decorative squares to dress it up a little and then added the knobs. Can’t wait to see it in the nursery!