My friend Lere Robinson has a wonderful website with delicious recipes and advice for a healthy lifestyle. She is an experienced nutritional consultant who can help you change your lifestyle to one that is beneficial to your physical and mental well-being.
This is a delicious recipe for a quiche that Lere brought to one of our tennis matches, it was a big hit!
Basic Veggie Quiche
- 3 cups seasonal veggies, e.g. finely chopped onions, red,yellow, orange peppers, grated butternut squash, grated zuchinni, chopped mushrooms, chopped spinach.
- 1 cup organic white cheddar cheese – grated
- 1 cup organic cream
- 4 Large eggs
- Herbal salt to taste
- Sauté the veggies in a little liquid veggie stock – low sodium and msg free for 2-3 mins.
- Place the veggies in a greased baking dish. Add cheese.
- Beat the eggs, cream and spices and pour over the cheese and veggie mixture. Mix well.
- Bake at 350 C for about 20 – 30 min or until firm and golden brown.
- Please note : You can add tuna, salmon or free-range chicken breast – shredded. Can also be baked in muffin pans to make individual quiches.