I just discovered this really neat live auction site for jewelry and other items. Posted a bracelet to sell on the auction on the 25th at 5:00 pm. Check it out!
On Woot.com today, love this site that has a different item each day. I bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner from Woot.com about three years ago and I love to vacuum now…never thought I would say that but this thing picks up so much dirt and dust that you never knew you had! It is actually fun to see what comes out of the carpets.
My friend Lere Robinson has a wonderful website with delicious recipes and advice for a healthy lifestyle. She is an experienced nutritional consultant who can help you change your lifestyle to one that is beneficial to your physical and mental well-being.
This is a delicious recipe for a quiche that Lere brought to one of our tennis matches, it was a big hit!
Basic Veggie Quiche
- 3 cups seasonal veggies, e.g. finely chopped onions, red,yellow, orange peppers, grated butternut squash, grated zuchinni, chopped mushrooms, chopped spinach.
- 1 cup organic white cheddar cheese – grated
- 1 cup organic cream
- 4 Large eggs
- Herbal salt to taste
- Sauté the veggies in a little liquid veggie stock – low sodium and msg free for 2-3 mins.
- Place the veggies in a greased baking dish. Add cheese.
- Beat the eggs, cream and spices and pour over the cheese and veggie mixture. Mix well.
- Bake at 350 C for about 20 – 30 min or until firm and golden brown.
- Please note : You can add tuna, salmon or free-range chicken breast – shredded. Can also be baked in muffin pans to make individual quiches.
Okay, I glazed the front door with a “mocha” glaze by Valspar and it turned out great! The glaze actually made some of the blue paint come off when I rubbed the glaze off with a cloth and it looked pretty cool so I intentionally rubbed some of the paint off to let the red paint show through.
Now I just have to let it dry completely, it is still a little tacky after 4 hours so I’ll just have to keep the door slightly open until it cures. Again, the color in the photo is not exactly the actual color, the blue is a little greener but you can see the results of the technique…