This summer has been a very busy one, I cannot believe the girls are already back at school! Between helping my sister Susie and doing some work around my own house I have picked up quite a few skills! Here is a list of some the things I learned how to do:
1. I learned how to tile a backsplash!
*Very easy, Can’t wait to do this in my own kitchen as soon as I get all new appliances and countertops.
2. I learned how to install a light fixture.
3. I learned how to install several types of flooring.
4. I learned how to grout tile.
5. I installed drywall.
6. THIS IS A BIG ONE…I learned how to use a compound miter saw!!! My Dad lent me his and I LOVE this thing!! I have always wanted to learn how to use one and it has so many uses, especially for my next learning experience…
7. I learned how to install molding.
8. I watched my window installer install our replacement windows. I think I could do it with help, definitely not a one person job. Also requires knowledge of different types of construction, which I do not have YET.
9. I learned how to frame a wall.
10. Last but definitely not least, I learned how to stand-up paddleboard!
My dear husband, Steve, brought a SUP home as a 40th birthday surpise for me! I have really wanted one for a while and I was so excited to see this thing on top of his truck. It is so fun and is really good exercise, my legs were wobbly when I got off and my arms were sore from rowing! It really works your core muscles too, I need a paddleboarding buddy though. It would be a lot more fun with at least one friend to go rowing with.
So, as you can see, I had a full summer of hard work, fun, and learning. Now I’m off to paint the basement….